Friday, July 2, 2021

It's Not My Fault!

 


How many of the following statements do you relate to?

 

“I didn’t do it. It was my brother/sister’s fault!”

“My teachers are boring. Why should I pay attention?”

“My parents are ruining my life!”

“The coach is an idiot! That’s why I quit.”

“College is a waste of time. I’m dropping out.”

“No one could stand my boss. He’s making my life miserable!”

“If only my wife/husband would change. Then I would be happy.”

“The kids are driving me nuts! I can’t take it anymore.”

“Younger people just don’t care. The country is falling apart.” 


The above list could go on and on, but those few statements make very clear the truth that we have an inbred tendency to blame other people for our problems when in reality, most of the time we share much of the blame. And yet, rather than confront ourselves, and with God’s empowering work in us, make the changes necessary to address our problems, we live in the deception that we are victims of circumstance, condemned to live a life of unhappiness caused by others. 

If it is time for a change, if you’re tired of passing the buck on the problem areas of your life, join us for one of our weekend services. Jesus didn’t save us only to take us to heaven. He died and rose from the dead to demonstrate his transforming power in our lives right now! 

Worship service times: Sunday: 9:00 am & 10:30 am.


Hawaii Lutheran Church (WELS)

My photo
Honolulu, HI
Community Lutheran Church holds protestant chapel services in Honolulu, Hawaii near Pearl Harbor, HI. We are next to the USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Hickam Air Force Base, and Fort Shafter Hawaii. Look for us directly behind the Salt Lake, Hawaii, Target.